Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Nurture Thyself

It has been a long time since I nurtured my Self.  Oh, sure, I've treated myself here and there but I have not taken the time to soothe my soul, to ground, to feel "myself," in quite a while.

Lately, I've been on a roll in terms of my productivity: I've gotten the ball rolling on all of the J-Rex's therapies for the coming year. I've completed a year-long to-do list of financial, organizational, and household tasks.  I've even gathered all of the materials and planned our first week of homeschool, which doesn't even start until after labor day. I'm actually running out of things to do for once!

I've planned school schedules, social activities for the J-Rex, and even am incorporating a weekly family night.  I added a ton of free activities around town to do with the not-so-little-one over the course of the next few months to my calendar. Still, though, I've planned nothing for my own spiritual and mental health...

Reflecting at The Rock

Now, with my birthday coming up and the inevitable reflection that brings, I find myself realizing, for the first time in years, that I am proud of what I've accomplished in this past year.  I've done some hard things, like making it through our first year of homeschooling and quitting smoking, and I deserve to reward myself for them!

I have a strong feeling, though, that what is called for is not some simple treat or prize... What I want is to get in touch with this new "me," the one who is starting to understand her dharma, who is starting to like herself again, who can almost taste the freedom her spirit desires... I need to nurture my Self...feed my creative soul...dance with the rhythm of life again...

So the next thing to plan is something just for me, for once...I haven't decided yet what it will be, though I have a few ideas, but I will give myself this gift...and I will be grateful...

No comments:

Post a Comment