Tuesday, August 27, 2013

The Thing About Gratitude

This month, thanks to a challenge by one of my favorite bloggers, Mama Scout, I have been trying to spend a lot of time thinking about and practicing gratitude.

Each day, I found more things to be grateful for. Each new thing I found to be grateful for brought me a bit of extra happiness and motivated me to work harder on my goals as a way of saying thank you...

I'm always grateful for my Morning Earl 

Slowly, there began a trickle of good news...balls were rolling...things set in motion previously began to come to fruition. Each time this happened, I became more grateful...and more motivated. I was feeling happier, so I was getting more done, putting more effort towards my goals...and, as expected, more and more good things began to come our way.

...and fresh herbs from a late-summer harvest

This is not to say that I didn't have rough days and moments when I wasn't assured of my own hope...but each time, I found the tiniest silver lining and gave thanks for it and each time, the Universe came through and met our needs.

Silver Lining Inspiration

So, the thing about gratitude is that, like so much else in this world, it is part of a cycle. The more you practice it, the more things come about to give you opportunities for that practice.  Gratitude is one beautiful and powerful thing and - just to keep the cycle going - I'm pretty grateful for having learned that!


2 comments:

  1. Love! It is such a powerful practice isn't it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is wonderful and so powerful to share. :)

    ReplyDelete